- Workshop Sessions: 90 minutes
- Oral Presentation: 8 minutes + 2 minutes for questions
*For Short Communications information please click here.
Speaker Consent Form: [Download]
All presenters will need to complete a Speaker Consent Form before the start of their presentation. You can download the consent form at the top of this page and return it by email to email@example.com. Speaker Consent Forms will also be available in the Speaker Preview Room at the meeting venue.
- Presentations must be designed using the SESAM Milan 2020 PowerPoint template, which can be downloaded at the top of this page.
- The videos included in the presentation must have the following extensions: .avi, .mpeg, .mov, .wmv.
- JPG, GIF, or BMP compressed images are the preferred file format for inserted images (other types of extensions will be accepted as well, provided that they are recognised by PowerPoint).
- Only fonts which are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout/style of your presentation. Special fonts may be installed, if notice is provided at least 3 hours before the session.
- Supported data media for downloading presentations are: HDD, (as Data-storage-medium) and USB-Memory (Stick).
- You can move slides during your presentation on your own, using a pointer or the arrow keys of the keyboard.
- Equipment for projection of slides or transparencies will not be available in meeting rooms.
We recommend that you export your Keynote presentation to PowerPoint for Mac.
- Export your Keynote presentation to movie (iMovie, Quicktime video with "Playback Uses" settings) or export to PDF.
- Be aware of the need to edit/reformat the presentation fonts, images and charts, especially when exporting to PowerPoint for Mac.
- For embedded movies, please use "Quicktime" to save the movie in ".mpeg 1(2)", or "*.avi" format. Please test the proper functionality of your presentation as soon as possible in the Speaker Preview Room, and in the Presentation Room before your presentation time.
- Presenters have to provide adapters for MacBook, iPad, etc. with an HDMI connection.
Adherence to guidelines: all speakers whose presentations do not comply with these guidelines are kindly requested to contact the Speaker Preview Room.
Speaker Preview Room
- Usage of personal laptop computers is allowed, if notice is provided at least 3 hours before the session.
- All presentations must be uploaded, tested and submitted in the Speaker Preview Room at least 2 hours before your presentation time.
- All presentations will be copied automatically to the correct meeting room. You will easily find your presentation at the lectern according to the scheduled session, date, hour and speaker.
- Videos and images must be located in the same folder as the PowerPoint presentation. Moreover, they need to be copied into the folder before they are inserted in the presentation.
Audience Interaction (Oral Presentations Only)
To enhance the learning experience during the SESAM 2020 Annual Meeting, we will be offering audience participation software and would like to promote its use throughout the Annual Meeting.
Delegates wishing to ask questions to presenters can access the audience participation option via the SESAM event app. After selecting the relevant session, they can submit a question to the presenter. At the end of each session, you can show the submitted questions by selecting the Internet browser tab (already open on the computer) and choose which ones you would like to answer.
If you would like to use to use the software, we strongly recommend that you promote it during your session(s), so that delegates are aware that they can submit questions to you.