Short Communications Information
- Short Communications session: 4 minutes + 1 minute for questions
Speaker Consent Form: [Download]
Short Communications Guidelines
Based on the positive feedback received, SESAM has decided to continue to use the Learning Toolbox platform. In previous years, the format of submission has been referred to as ePosters, based on feedback from SESAM Glasgow 2019, these are now known as Short Communications.
You will create your short communication using the Learning Toolbox platform. You will be able to include links to multimedia and interactive material such as videos, online tools, websites and apps within your short communication, as well as static file types such as images and PDFs.
The Learning Toolbox team will send you a welcome email with instructions on how to get started on creating your short communication.
Full support (including webinars, online support videos and an email help desk) will be provided by the Learning Toolbox team in the run-up to the conference.
The Learning Toolbox team will have an on-site help-desk at the conference, so that you can get hands-on support with any additions you want to make to your short communication during the conference and so you can practise presenting your communication.
Your short communication presentation will take place in a presentation room, and we will provide all the equipment needed for the presentation. You will not need to bring anything.
The Learning Toolbox team is very much looking forward to working with you to create your short communication, which will be a living resource that you will be able to continue to update and share even after the SESAM meeting.
All presenters will need to complete a Speaker Consent Form before the start of their presentation. You can download the consent form by clicking here and please return it to the SESAM team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Speaker Consent Forms will also be available in the Speaker Preview Room at the meeting venue.
Speaker Preview Room
- Usage of personal laptop computers is allowed, if notice is provided at least 3 hours before the session.
- All presentations must be uploaded, tested and submitted in the Speaker Preview Room at least 2 hours before your presentation time.
- All presentations will be copied automatically to the correct meeting room. You will easily find your presentation at the lectern according to the scheduled session, date, hour and speaker.
- Videos and images must be located in the same folder as the PowerPoint presentation. Moreover, they need to be copied into the folder before they are inserted in the presentation.