Pre-Hospital Special Interest Group (PH SIG)
The SESAM Pre-Hospital Special Interest Group (PH-SIG) is a network of professionals dedicated to simulation in the field of pre-hospital emergency care. After activities in 2010 and 2011, the group was officially founded in 2012 during the SESAM Annual Meeting in Stavanger. Since then the PH-SIG has been involved in many different projects to foster the use of simulation for education and research in the field of pre-hospital emergency care.
In accordance with the aims of SESAM, we want to encourage and support the use of simulation especially in the field of pre-hospital emergency care. We want to provide an interprofessional forum to those involved in any kind of pre-hospital simulation. We belief simulation as a method of education and research can substantially contribute to excellence in pre-hospital emergency care.
- Raise awareness of the need for simulation in pre-hospital care with the intention of improving patient care.
- Create and maintain an inter-professional forum dedicated to pre-hospital simulation.
- To facilitate research dedicated to the use of simulation in pre-hospital care.
- To help to ensure the promotion of quality assurance in the use of simulation for pre-hospital care.
- To be open to work in collaboration with third parties with the aim of improving technologies and techniques with simulation in pre-hospital care.
- To help to promote and support the highest levels of educational excellence for simulation in pre-hospital care.
Prof. Lars Lundberg – Professor of Prehospital Emergency Medicine. PreHospen, Centre for Prehospital Research, University of Borås, Sweden.
|Vice-Chair:||Vitor Almeida, MD – Anaesthesiologist and Emergency Physcian. Anaesthesiology Hospital Viseu, National Institute for Emergency Medicine, Portugal.|
|Secretary:||Ulufer Sivrikaya, MD – Anaesthesiologist. RMK Academy of Interventional Medicine, Education and Simulation (AIMES), Istanbul, Turkey.|
|Treasurer:||Kenneth Krarup – Consultant anaesthetist / Faculty lead, Simulation Centre, Odense University Hospital|
Prof. Guillaume Alinier – Professor of Simulation in Healthcare Education, University of Herefordshire, United Kingdom.
Also Director of Research, Hamad Medical Corporation Ambulance Service, Doha, Qatar.
|Development Advisor:||Gertjan Lieftinck – Ambulance, Amsterdam, Netherlands.|
Please see below for a short video about the PH-SIG CPR Quality Study, which was conducted in 2014.