SESAM currently has three types of membership:
Individual, open to anyone with an interest in simulation
Institutional, open to educational institutions
Commercial, which is specifically designed for commercial companies.
Membership dues will be set by the General Assembly.
We do hope you will support SESAM and the development of simulation in medicine by joining this dynamic society.
Any physical person can become a SESAM member upon request, according to the SESAM statutes. The individual membership fee is currently 85 Euro and can be adjusted by AGM voting. Individual members will enjoy a number of advantages, such as:
- Access to the iRIS collaboration platform and thus access to educational resources, SESAM document archives and resources.
- 15% discount on Article Processing Cost for AiS
- Ability to enable their institution to enter the SESAM accreditation program
- Eligibility for positions in the Executive Committee (EC), the Scientific Committee (SC), Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and other societal positions, as described in the SESAM Strategy document.
- Getting information and support from the society on the subject of simulation-based training and education
- Reduced fee to participate in the SESAM Annual Meeting (SAM)
- Opportunities for synchronous and asynchronous collaboration throughout the year, being able to network with stakeholders in all educational methodologies and professions that use simulation
- Ability to apply for SESAM supported working meetings, in accordance with the society’s statutes
Annual Fee: 85 Euros.
BECOME A MEMBER HERE
Institutional membership is open to any Simulation-Based Educational Institution, as defined in the SESAM professional standards. The institutional membership fee is currently 300 Euro and can be adjusted by AGM voting. This fee enables the member institution to claim membership advantages, described below, for three nominated individuals from its members (no anonymous membership). Any additional nominated member of the institution can enjoy the SESAM institutional membership advantages for an additional annual fee of 85 Euro.
Institutional membership offers the following conditions and advantages:
- Access to the iRIS collaboration platform and thus access to educational resources, SESAM document archives and resources for the three nominated members from the institution. Additional nominated members can be added according to the description above.
- The three nominated members from the institution will receive a 15% discount on Article Processing Cost for AiS. Additional nominated members can be added according to the description above.
- Three nominated members from the institution will enjoy a reduced fee to participate in the SESAM Annual Meeting (SAM). Additional nominated members can be added according to the description above.
- Free of charge usage of the job offerings board on the SESAM website
- Ability for the institution to enter the SESAM accreditation program. Institutions that have gained SESAM accreditation will receive one year complimentary institutional membership. Institutions are required to maintain their institutional membership for the duration of their SESAM Accreditation, unless they can provide written evidence that their institutional governance forbids such membership.
Annual Fee: 300 Euros.
BECOME A MEMBER HERE
Commercial membership (available to commercial companies, vendors of equipment or software and commercial educational entities)
Commercial membership is open to any company who is active in the field related to healthcare simulation. The commercial membership fee is currently 500 Euro and can be adjusted by AGM voting. Through their membership commercial members are able to support the implementation of the society strategy, as defined in the SESAM Strategy document. The SESAM Strategy aims to grow and maintain the simulation-based education community across Europe and thus the expansion of the customer base of commercial members.
Commercial members will enjoy a number of advantages, such as:
- An introduction to the company and its activities on the SESAM homepage (under the Menu “Membership”, together with their logo and a link to their webpage)
- Commercial members that purchase a sponsorship package (other than table-top package) at the SESAM Annual Meeting (SAM), will be offered opportunity to deliver one free workshop within the specially designed area in the exhibition area of the SAM. These workshops will be prioritised for commercial members, but will be offered to other exhibitors as part of higher level exhibitor packages. The purpose is to allow presentation of new products, to offer user tips and tricks or, more generally, to interact with the congress audience, as defined within the SAM guidance document.
- Being granted access for one nominated person to the SESAM collaborative platform iRIS. Thus, they will be able to interact with SESAM members on any level. The nominated person will be clearly identified within iRIS as representing a commercial member.
- They will be contacted prior to the general opening of sales for SAM sponsorship opportunities and offered the chance to book a sponsorship package.
- They will receive information on the upcoming SAM exhibition floor plan prior to the general availability of these plans.
- They will be able to display on their website a specially designed badge “SESAM member and supporter”.
- They will be allowed to send one information email to all SESAM members in accordance with current data protection regulations.
Annual Fee: 500 Euros.
BECOME A MEMBER HERE