SESAM currently has two types of membership:
Individual, open to anyone with an interest in simulation
Institutional, open to educational institutions
Membership dues will be set by the General Assembly.
We do hope you will support SESAM and the development of simulation in medicine by joining this dynamic society.
Any physical person can become a SESAM member upon request, according to the SESAM statutes. The individual membership fee is currently 85 Euro and can be adjusted by AGM voting. Individual members will enjoy a number of advantages, such as:
- Access to the iRIS collaboration platform and thus access to educational resources, SESAM document archives and resources.
- 15% discount on Article Processing Cost for AiS
- Ability to enable their institution to enter the SESAM accreditation program
- Eligibility for positions in the Executive Committee (EC), the Scientific Committee (SC), Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and other societal positions, as described in the SESAM Strategy document.
- Getting information and support from the society on the subject of simulation-based training and education
- Reduced fee to participate in the SESAM Annual Meeting (SAM)
- Opportunities for synchronous and asynchronous collaboration throughout the year, being able to network with stakeholders in all educational methodologies and professions that use simulation
- Ability to apply for SESAM supported working meetings, in accordance with the society’s statutes
Annual Fee: 85 Euros.
BECOME A MEMBER HERE
Institutional membership is open to any Simulation-Based Educational Institution, as defined in the SESAM professional standards. The institutional membership fee is currently 300 Euro and can be adjusted by AGM voting. This fee enables the member institution to claim membership advantages, described below, for three nominated individuals from its members (no anonymous membership). Any additional nominated member of the institution can enjoy the SESAM institutional membership advantages for an additional annual fee of 85 Euro.
Institutional membership offers the following conditions and advantages:
- Access to the iRIS collaboration platform and thus access to educational resources, SESAM document archives and resources for the three nominated members from the institution. Additional nominated members can be added according to the description above.
- The three nominated members from the institution will receive a 15% discount on Article Processing Cost for AiS. Additional nominated members can be added according to the description above.
- Three nominated members from the institution will enjoy a reduced fee to participate in the SESAM Annual Meeting (SAM). Additional nominated members can be added according to the description above.
- Free of charge usage of the job offerings board on the SESAM website
- Ability for the institution to enter the SESAM accreditation program. Institutions that have gained SESAM accreditation will receive one year complimentary institutional membership. Institutions are required to maintain their institutional membership for the duration of their SESAM Accreditation, unless they can provide written evidence that their institutional governance forbids such membership.
Annual Fee: 300 Euros.
BECOME A MEMBER HERE